Three diagonal stretches of newsprint depict three significantly different topics: War, with clippings from articles written during the early 20th Century when war became so prevalent in Europe they forgot who they were fighting against; Freedom, featuring articles focusing on the release of social activist Nelson Mandela following his twenty-seven year imprisonment; and Peace, a presentation of a variety of clippings surrounding treaties, art, and peace-efforts.
A dismantled portrait of a woman rife with flowers, diamonds, and butterflies symbolizes the opening up of the mind, with vibrant blocks of yellow and fuchsia reminding us that creativity bursts.
- Artist: Liam Mojique Legault
- Each print designed by hand, transferred and then digitally printed
- 100% silk scarf
- Measuring 65 cm by 65 cm / 25.5" by 25.5"
- Designed in Canada
- The edges are hand-rolled
- To be delivered in its own storage box
- Product prices displayed are exclusive of all taxes and duties. The recipient is liable for all import duties, customs and local sales taxes levied by the country you are shipping to; payment of these are necessary to release your order from customs on arrival.
- Colours may vary from photos